Naturally Sugar Free Pumpkin Spice Muffins
I am always trying to find ways to get my boys to eat healthy foods, and sneak some veggies into their diet. Life is busy around here with two crazy toddlers, so I also need something quick and easy. That’s why I love this recipe. No added sugar, wholegrain goodness, and delicious pumpkin goodness. Let me know what you think!
1 c. dates
1/2 c. unsweetened apple sauce
1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. rolled oats
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tblsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tblsp chia seeds
1 c. pumpkin puree
1/2 c. melted coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
- Soak dates in hot water.
- Pre-heat oven to 350° and line a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl whisk together: flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice, and chia seeds.
- Drain dates and place in blender with applesauce, pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Add date mixture and coconut oil to dry ingredients, and stir until just combined.
- Use an ice cream scoop to fill muffin tin.
- Bake for 10 minutes, and let cool on baking rack.